Friday, October 17, 2014

Work

Matthew 5:16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

The attitude that we have while working should give glory to God.  Wow.  That is a sobering thought.  How many times have I sighed deeply, or blown my bangs up with a deep exhale to express my frustration with a job I am doing?

I am reminded of the childhood song "this little light of mine".  There is a verse, "don't let Satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine".  It is times of frustration that he doesn't blow out my light, I do. 
My good works are nothing if Christ's light is not shining in me continually while I do it.  The Bible doesn't say my good works give glory to God. It is my light shining while I do them that brings Him glory.

My light can only shine if  I stay connected to the Source.

Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment