Thursday, October 2, 2014

NEW



In the world we live in New does not last very long.  You can drive a car off the lot, it depreciates.  You by a new phone, the next day a better one is on the market.  Babies age, clothes go in and out of style, and new is a quickly passing word.

But in Kingdom living there are two versions of New that are important.

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new
When I became a Christian, I became a new creation.  Everything I was and did before was replaced with a new creation.  When I realize this, I can let go of the past and stop letting it define my view or keeping me from taking steps to move towards my goals.   I am new.

The second and more promising version of New is found in Lamentations 3:22-23 (NKJV) Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassion fail not. They are new every morning;Great is Your faithfulness.

Photo
The Lord's goodness, kindness  faithfulness and love towards me are new every morning.  There is no condition on it.  Every morning I get a new start. 

In a world full of grudges and forgiveness, I am thankful that I get a new start with God daily.  I mess up daily, but His goodness is new every morning.   I can be mean, but His kindness is new every morning.  I can backslide, but He is faithful every day.  I can be unloving, but His love is new every morning.

These are God's attributes.  It does not give me a license to live as I want knowing that each day I get a new start.  No, it challenges me to to press past my faults because He does.  It challenges me to make today a stepping stone from yesterdays success, instead of having to start back over at the beginning daily. 

How can getting a revelation of God giving you a new start daily change how you live tomorrow?


Photo  

1 comment:

  1. I love this reminder "It challenges me to make today a stepping stone from yesterday's success..." We are new creations and we experience rebirth on a daily basis. Tomorrow will always be better if I've grown closer to God today.

    ReplyDelete