Wednesday, October 1, 2014

MOVE




Move: to advance or progress

Most of us go through life and we never really move. We get caught up in the rat race of life, thinking that we are moving fast but really just running around in a circle wasting time.  We are not advancing anything or making progress towards anything.We get busy doing nothing.  Time passes, we age, but what have we actively advanced? 

To truly move takes intentional purpose and action.  We have to know what our goals are and what steps we need to take to get there.  If I am going to move from one house to another, if I don't intentionally pack my belongings and place them in a vehicle to go to the other location and then unload them in to the new place, I haven't really moved.  I may go stay somewhere else, but that is neither advancement or progress. 

If I want to see movement in my career, that also takes intentional action.  If I don't develop the skills needed to advance my career, I may change jobs frequently but there will be no advancement or progress in my career.

http://lizbrazier.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/hamster-wheel.pngI have realized over the past few months that I have been spending time and energy on things that are not moving my towards my goals in life.  There are times I have been going through motions, but really I have been on the giant hamster wheel of life.  Although I am physically doing things, those things are not getting me anywhere.  

I thought that getting out of the daily 9-5 would help solve the lack of movement on my part, but I realize I just replace wheel for another and start running again wasting time on things that will not move me towards my goal.

The other part of the problem is that I have  not  clearly identified goals of what I really am striving.  Paying the bills is important, but it is not my goal.  It is a side product.  Have a good relationship with God and my family and help others are great to strive towards, but are certainly very ambiguous. 

So today I ask myself, what do I want to move towards?  And what am I willing to do advance or progress towards  those goals. 

Move - deeper in my relationship God - intentionally spending time with Him daily in worship, prayer and Word.  What am I going to do daily to further His kingdom?
Move - closer to my dreams - intentionally investing time in the activities that will make my dreams a reality. What am I going to do daily to move me towards the dreams that I have to fulfill.


Hebrews 6:3 (NLT) And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.

The next 31 days will be my journey in Living, intentionally, on purpose, taking actions that get me close to the goals that I have and move me closer to the personal I really want to be.  Today, its time to move!


Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment