Friday, October 31, 2014

First

Wow, 31 days, and this prompt from yesterday is my last to completeI made it.  This was a first for me.


Matthew 20:16 NKJV  So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen.

As a child I remember always wanting to be first. First in line, first to be picked, first  get whatever.  As an adult, I realize that waiting is a better option.  Being the first to get new electronics, is bad. You pay a higher price, and all the bugs have to get worked out at your expense.  When I have my nieces and nephews, and they are complaining about being last I will say "you save the best for last." Of course this starts a while new argument.

We have to stop trying to put oneself above others. Jesus taught a parable  on this very subject. It is a timeless argument to want to be first, or best,  greatest. Even if we don't say the words, our actions show it. God does not honor that at all. 

We are not in a race against others. We are not competing against anything. We don't have to prove itself. The truth is, the one standard we have, we will always fall  short of, Christ.

Instead, we need to start making every effort to put Him first, intentionally.  I think back to one of the first blogs I ever wrote, on a message that impacted me, and has stuck with me. We must intentionally put God first in our:

Finances
Interests
Relationships
Stuff
Time


Matthew 6:33 (NKJV) But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment