Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Unite

Unite  verb (used with object), united, uniting.

1.   to join, combine, or incorporate so as to form a single whole or unit. 
 As I read through the Bible, I am always struck by the lack of denominations mentioned when speaking about the Church because when I drive around my community, and any other community, all I see are denominations.  My heart cries for the Church to be what God designed it to be.  The Church that knows that "Christ is the Son of the Living God" and the gates of Hades will not prevail against."(Matthew 16:18)

Christ did not die for denominations.  He died for the World.  He wanted His followers to be united, just as He was united with God.   As Christians, we have to stand together united.  There are things that we may interpret differently, but they should not keep us from being in unity as long as we stand on the truth that there is only one way to Heaven, through Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God (John 14:6)
 
John 17:11  Now I am departing from the world; they are staying in this world, but I am coming to you. Holy Father, you have given me your name; now protect them by the power of your name so that they will be united just as we are. 

Philippians 3: 15-16  Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. 16 But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.
  
John 13:35 (NKJV) By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

We need to intentionally stand united with the followers of Christ, even from different denominations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment