Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lesson 4: The tests we go through have a purpose

The final thing revealed was from Ex. 20:20 directly. It was reinforced through the message we heard in church Wednesday night "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning."

So many times when I am going through a problem I am afraid. Worry gets the best of me, as I try to search for a solution within myself to correct it. I want to show MY independence and that I can do it ALL BY MYSELF. But in my own strength, I make things worse, I sin.

Tests and trials are from God,. James 1:2-4 says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

He is looking for me to turn to Him, in fear and reverence. It is in faith that I turn to Him. Faith that I can depend on Him no matter what I face. When I am dependent on God, He is with me. When He is with me, I will not sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment