Wednesday, January 27, 2010

LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA

I have to say, that there are definitely areas that God has been speaking to me about, and calling on me to change. Anyone who knows me well, knows I am pretty strong willed. Sometimes God really has to get my attention REPEATEDLY!!! There are a couple things that keep coming up that I know God is revealing to me, so I thought I would share.

I tease our discipleship class at church, that when I feel like God is speaking to me. I will put my hands on my ears and say LALALALALALA. Part of me really is yearning for that next step, but that fleshy part of me knows that when that revelation is received that I am going to be responsible for what has just been revealed. Those close to me know that God is really dealing with me when I do that, just my way of lightening things up.

I love to read God's word, and my husband bought me God's Word on CD to listen to in the car since I drive so much. I have been listening to Exodus Chapters 16-27. I have listened to the CD twice now, cause I put it out and grabbed it out a 2nd time. This one verse caught my attention as it was spoken, Exodus 20:20. Then last night, we are in week 2 of Extraordinary, a series by John Bevere based on his book with the same title. Guess what he is talking about - Exodus 20:20. "Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning."

Now I immediately start saying "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA" and covering my ears. My cousin, Diane is laughing at me, and I am sure everyone else was trying to figure out what was going on, as I never get what everyone else does out of the message. John Bevere was talking about the Fear of the Lord. He mentioned how Moses had left the finer things of life, went to Mount Sinai and found God, and never complained about wanting to go back to his old like. Whereas, the Israelites left slavery, Moses took them to Mt. Sinai, and immediately started complaining and wanting to go back. His message was awesome and challenging, and definitely a message I needed to hear, but that wasn't what I took from it.

The lessons that God was confirming in me were:
1) We are as close to God as we want to be.
2) Obedience is everything.
3) Grumbling will get you no where.
4) The tests we go through have a purpose.

1 comment: