Monday, March 15, 2010

Dissipate the darkness

I was driving home from work last week as the sun was beginning to set. In front of me the sky was dark as a storm moved through. Behind me, the sun was shining brightly. For a brief time, clouds moved between the sun and my car. Then suddenly the sun peaked through and lit up a path through the darkness with a single ray of bright light directing my path. Everything else surrounding was dark an gray.

Seeing that bright light in the darkness made me praise God out loud in my car, as it reminded me that our Christian walk should also be illuminating a path in the darkness. Christians are called to be the light of the world. While sometimes this world can seem really dark, when Christians allow their lights to shine, the darkness will flee.

I was reminded that you can not add more darkness to dissipate light. However, a single light, no matter how tiny will dissipate the darkness. As Christian's we have the power to overcome the darkness (Greater is He that is within me, than he that is in the world. I John 4:4)

It is not the great preachers and teachers of this world that are going to stop the growing darkness. It is the light of Christ that shines through His followers collectively, standing together in unity that will stamp out the darkness that is overtaking this world.


John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all people. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment