Monday, February 1, 2010

The Road

In Luke 24, after Jesus resurrected, He walked on the road to Emmaus with two men who according to verse 15 should have known Jesus. As you read on, He talked at great length with them and spent an afternoon with them. But it wasn't until evening that their eyes were opened to who they had been with (Luke 24:31) all that time.

While it is easy for me to think, if I was walking with Jesus I would have known, but the reality is I probably would have been blind to this too. I have been a Christian since I was eight years old, and walked in a personal relationship with Him since I was seventeen. Yet so often, I fail to see Jesus in the midst of my day, even as I go about serving Him.

I know that He is with me, for His word promises "I will never leave you, or forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6 and Hebrew 13:5)

But so often as I walk this road of life, through a day, and sometimes weeks, I fail to recognize Him. Often it is not until "I need Him" that I start looking for Him. In reality, He was there all along, walking beside me, waiting for me to turn to Him and recognize Him. To acknowledge He is there with me. I do not take the time to look and see what is really going on around me, and to whom I am giving my time.

I pray my heart will burn within me as I walk through my day with Him. That I may recognize Him as all times, as I walk and talk with Him each moment of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment