Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love's seed

My sister asked if I had written any blogs about marriage. My immediate answer was NO. I am certainly not an expert on marriage, although I have a testimony related to my marriage and will maybe someday share it. However, I do have some thoughts on love. With V-Day coming up I thought, it might be appropriate to post them here.

Love never fails. I Cor 13:8

As I was driving home Wednesday night the lady talking on the radio referred to this verse. She was talking about marriage, which is kinda a funny thought in this world we live in with 50% of all marriages ending in divorce. This verse is in the "Love Chapter" as it is often referred. Yet once again, I got a completely different message than what she was referring.

See my mind was still reeling from the challenging message of John Bevere - Week 4 Grace and Mercy of Extraordinary that we ware watching in church discipleship class. He was talking about seeds containing all the characteristics of the nature of what the seed came from.

What an amazing concept I John 3:9 states "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him." Well, it dawned on me if we have the seed of God in us, agape love should be in us.

We can love unconditionally. There is no excuse for us to not, by the grace of God. His seed is in us, and seeds contain all the characteristics of the giver (God).

I think a lot of times we come across pain in a relationship and call it quits. I am guilty myself. It doesn't matter if it is marriage, family relationships, friendships, any kind of relationship. Love never fails.

So, as a Christian there are only two options when we decide to call it quits on a realtonship. 1) You are a liar and never loved - which if you read the next chpater in I John, means you don't really know God. Or 2) You can love through the situation, regardless of what it is.

Neither is easy to accept. It is easier to call it quits. It is easier to place blame. It is easier to make excuses, to walk away.

But love never fails. It does not come to an end. Love endures. God's word is the truth. Since the seed of God lives in us, and God is love, than our love (through God's grace) (for all people) will never fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment