Thursday, December 11, 2014

Patience

James 1:2-8 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

For about the past six and a half months, it seems that I have fallen in to various trials. Although at times it feels like the trials keep coming, I have learned about patience during this time.  I have learned to wait on God, with a peace that surpasses my understanding.   My faith has been tested in almost every area.  

Like a puzzle with small tiny pieces, this lengthy process of the working of my faith has been a true test of patience.   Up until the past six months, I have always looked at patience as waiting.  I have learned to wait on God over the years.  What I have learned is that patience isn't just about waiting, patience has to be worked out, and really the work, in my opinion is in the attitude.  I can't through impatience make things happen any faster,   However, in waiting, my attitude has been less than God honoring over the years. Over the past six months I have allowed God to deal with my attitude in the waiting.

It easy to think that I trust  Him in everything when things are going good, but when my world is rocked to the core, I realize just how much I depended on myself and others.  It is in the trials, I have been called to depend on God for finances, for my children, for health, my reputation, and ultimately to trust Him in everything.

I know that my faith is still being tested, and that the work is producing patience in my life.  It is not perfect yet, but in some areas God has dealt with my attitude and that work is complete.  Since He has produced the work before, I have the faith to know that He will do it again.   I know with God's wisdom that when those times come that I have the ability to just allow God to work the situation out, in His time, and without a bad attitude. 


 This blog is prompted from  Tuesday at Ten! The Tuesday blog Link up where you have 1 full week to use the prompt word to your liking!  Whether it be just writing a story behind the prompt word, or being as creative as you wish using photos, poems, art, or graphics – whichever creative way you choose. You have 1 week to write and link up your blog at the bottom of the page so that others can link up with you. Be sure to visit your “link up” neighbor and spread the joy of connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment