Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Witness of Demons

I must say my faith and patient has been tested lately with a patient, who, as my pastors says is "freaky, flaky and weird." This patient certainly has a religious fixation. I admit, I have been judgemental. God forgive me, but the freaky, flaky and weird disclaimer of Pastor Cass clearly has applied.

My husband pointed out that there were weird people in the Bible that people of that time probably labeled as freaky, flaky and weird. He pointed out Noah built an ark, had animals get on it and sealed it up completely before a drop of rain ever fell. Ezekiel was also an extreme person. He dug his way out of his home with a spoon. He cooked dung and ate it - all as messages to the Israelites. In light of this, maybe people would have locked both up in a psych ward.

I guess it all boils down to "Is what is being said or done in line with the Word of God." Or is it a freaky flaky and weird spirit that is placed in this person, or other individuals that is here to destroy the work of Christ. I mean I know that Satan came to steal, kill and destroy, but I thought Demons had to flea in the name of Jesus. I questioned if someone could be demon possessed and truly think they were doing the will of God.

I was lead to Acts 16:16-18 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, "These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved." She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the spirit, "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!" At that moment the spirit left her.

No comments:

Post a Comment