Thursday, September 26, 2013

He Called the Church

Tonight at Awakening, a community prayer group focused on praying for the region weekly, and during corporate prayer, I was praying for those things that God placed on my heart.  I have a burden for the lost, children who are abused, families, and marriages.  And have experienced a stirring lately in the real issues in our community today - poverty and homelessness vs greed and selfish ambition, God's definition of marriage vs the homosexual agenda and premarital relations, child abuse neglect, and substance abuse.

After praying for these things, I turned my focus to the organizations and government entities that address these issues in the community.  As I was listing out specific ones, I felt God say "STOP."

I said "God these are great organizations and they are meeting the needs, the government needs the Christian workers to be a light."

To which he responded, "I didn't call for organizations and the government to meet the needs.  I called the Church to meet the needs."

James 1:27  Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Psalm 68:5-6 A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, Is God in His holy habitation. God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity;

Psalm 82:3 Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Malachi 3:5   “So I will come to put you on trial. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive the foreigners among you of justice, but do not fear me,” says the Lord Almighty.

Isaiah 42:6-7  “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the Gentiles, To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the prison, Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.

God did not bless us, so that we could build bigger houses and have more things, but to meet the needs of the orphans, widows, fatherless, poor, afflicted, needy, families.  So that we could help those who are bound, the foreigners, the blind (physically and spiritually), the prisoners.  

He did not sanction the government and nonprofit and for profit organizations to do this, He told the Church to be his hands and feet.  If the Church in Northwest Arkansas would rise and use their blessings to be obedient to the things that God told us to do, we would not need DHS and the multiple nonprofit organizations in the area because all needs would be met.  As I turned my prayers towards stirring in the heart of the Church towards this, I realized that when we obey, I will need to find a new career!  God let the Church arise!

No comments:

Post a Comment