Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Lost Get Found

Yesterday I was visiting with my sister-in-law and cousin. We were talking about praise and worship music, my cousin was recommending a new CD she is listening to that inspires her. She made the comment "It really moved me."

I love music and am often moved by different songs. Today as I was driving home, I was listening to K-love. The song is by Britt Nicole, The Lost Get Found. I was moved to tears as I thought about the words that I so often sing, but never really hear.

I realized how many times our actions as Christians speak louder than any preacher could ever preach. So many people will never step foot into a church, until they come to Christ. But it is the message of our life that ministers to the lost. It is the difference that we should portray from the rest of the world that stands out and makes the lost take notice.

I was reminded of a young man that I have felt led to witness and pray for on a regular basis. He is lost. I have tried to be a good role model with my life, and my kids have too. But my heart was broken at the times that my life has modeled that of the world, and not that of my Lord and Savior.

The song says "So when you get the chance, Are you gonna take it?
There's a really big world at your fingertips, And you know you have the chance to change it."

I think about the chances that I failed and wonder if I will ever get them back. The chance to show him that Christians are different, in a good way. A chance to show him that the love of God is not demanding, but all encompassing. It is not because I am a Christian that I don't do certain things, but because in God's love for me. Because of my relationship with Him, I no longer want to do certain things.I know God can save him despite my shortcomings, but I want to make sure I take the chances that are given to me, so the lost get found!

No comments:

Post a Comment