Saturday, April 11, 2009

Faith vs. courage

Faith is defined as confidence or trust in a person or thing.
Having courage is to act in accordance with one's beliefs, esp. in spite of criticism.

Why is it that I can have faith but not the courage to act in accordance with what I believe?

Today I was talking with this person and he told me that he had been in the hospital all week. There is a spot on his heart and they are talking about putting in a pacemaker. He is not very old, but it seems that he and his family have been having one problem after another with their health.

As I left I said I will keep you in my prayers. I got in my car and prayed for healing to his heart. I have the faith that God can and will heal him. When I prayed I know God heard.I know the Bible says to speak to pay for the sick.

Why don't I have the courage to pray right then with the person, the prayer for healing with faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment