Saturday, March 15, 2008

Today I Miss You

It is been eleven years, but today I miss you.
I am feeling sentimental and tearing up too
Although I have come to realize the time was right
When God took you home leading you into the light.

At first I was angry and couldn’t understand
"Have faith and he will be healed" were the words of the preacher man
I thought I let you down when my prayers didn’t come true
But God’s will was done that day in you

You stood forgiven for all that you did
The wrongs you did when I was just a kid
You could stand before God knowing all was forgiven
Not worrying if you would once again turn to sin

But today as I go visit that plot of land
I can rest assured you are in God’s hand
So even though there are tears in my eyes
As I quietly try to hide my cries

I know that one day I will see you again
When I meet my Savior and hear the angel band.
I just didn’t know, didn't have a clue
That today I would still be missing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment