Thursday, April 16, 2015

The little things

As I read the scriptures though, there is a consistent theme of God wanting to be in the small details.  I think about how He wanted the ark made, or the temple, or the tabernacle.  He cared about the very intricate details.  He cared so much, that he took the time to spell out every detail in His Word.

Like the colors of the thread
You shall make a veil woven of blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and fine woven linen. It shall be woven with an artistic design of cherubim. Exodus 26:31
 
Or the rings that hold the bars
Overlay the frames with gold, and make gold rings to hold the crossbars. Overlay the crossbars with gold as well. Exodus 26:29

And the loops of yarn
Put loops of blue yarn along the edge of the last curtain in each set.  The fifty loops along the edge of one curtain are to match the fifty loops along the edge of the other curtain. Exodus 26:4-5
 


He cared enough about these small details to speak it out in His instructions to Moses.  That really catches my attention. 

There are so many things that I think "I want to ask God for this..." They are the big things, things I know that I can not do in and of myself. I realize that without Him these things would not come to pass.  In the scheme of this vast universe, even my giant things are small to Him.

The truth is God wants to be in the small things.  He cares about our big things, but He will also take time to pour Himself into even the smallest parts of our life if we will ask Him, if we will let Him.  If God cares about the color of the strings on a curtain, the design that is created by man, how much more does He care about the masterpiece that He created?

No comments:

Post a Comment