Saturday, March 22, 2014

Shadows


Psalms 91:1  He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

The definition of Shadow from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shadow

1shad·ow

 noun \ˈsha-(ˌ)dō\
: a dark shape that appears on a surface when someone or something moves between the surface and a source of light
: an area of darkness created when a source of light is blocked

Driving yesterday, I was listening to a song, and while I can not remember the song, it talked about  the shadow of the Almighty.  I don't hear God audibly, but I heard Him loud and clear.  In order to abide under the shadow of the Almighty, you have to be exposed to the light.
Shadows happen when the source of light is blocked.  Going through some personal things, I realized that so many times Satan tries to get me to focus on the looming thing making me think that it  is blocking me from God.  Or makes me think the quietness is satan's darkness.  He makes me think that both are powerful forces of his making.
This verse though, reminds me that the shadow I abide under is God's.  That means when things are coming against me, and I feel like I am in the dark, it is actually Him standing in.  He is protecting me from what comes against me. When I abide in Him and dwell in the secret place I can live in the peace of His shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment