Monday, January 20, 2014

New Creature

2 Corinthians 5:17 (AMP) Therefore if any person is [in grafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!


Sunday Pastor Cass was preaching on Who we are in Christ.  He shared II Corinthians 5:17.  I know the verse I can quote it.  Today it really spoke to me.  He read this from a different version than I am used to that stated that we have been in grafted.  God has become so much a part of us and us a part of him that you can't tell where He begins and where we end.

I have a hard time letting go of the past, in part because much of it was lost with the death of my childhood best friend.  I have not been defining myself as Christ has, because I have been stuck in the past.  I know who I am in Christ, but I have been holding on to "the facts according to Jackie", that no one could possibly understand who I am now because they can't know the full facts of who I was then.  Like people could not appreciate the work God has done because they couldn't understand all that He brought me out of.

When I would share my story at work I could relive that who I was and people could appreciate, at least enough to write a check to support the cause, the transformation that had occurred in my life.

The TRUTH is that I am an new creation.  Yes, I was born again before , but I never defined myself by who God says I am.  I had not truly accepted who Christ said I was.  The past is really gone.  Not because Jennifer died, because I said I was sorry and have changed, but because Christ said so.  I am a new creation.  I am not a better version, God didn't just fix pieces of my life and call it good - I am all new in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment