Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sowing Seeds

Matthew 13:32

New International Version (NIV)
Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.




I thought about the things that I want to see in the life of those I love and in the life of those I work with daily.  I want good things for them all. A true relationship with Christ, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, prosperity. Then I asked myself what seeds am I truly planting to help these thing come forth in their life and in my own - for I will reap what I sow.  These things came to my attention:

  • The smallest seeds I plant, become the largest producers.  My words, often spoken without thinking can be the smallest seed, often times as soon as they are loosed from my lips I forget the exact words said.  
  • I will never know right away the type of soil they are falling on.  They may fall on ears that will receive them as the gospel and be planted and sprout into a tree in their life.  So I must make sure to plant good things.
  • I realized that I need to sow into those around me the things that I need to reap in my life.  
  • I need to be careful of the seeds I toss about because they can take root.  
  • I need to share that with the parents I work with, so that they can start sowing life into their children instead of the same things they were raised with.  If they want to reap something different in their children, they must sow what they have not had. 
  • They can not sow what they do not have, so I and others around them must sow into their lives so they will have good seed to sow.

No comments:

Post a Comment