Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Enjoying the small things

I admit I am a bit amazed at the simplicity of child entertainment.  For the past 45 minutes I have been watching three kids, two of which have been entertaining us all with their antics.  The laughter is contagious and they have only had a blanket.

They were standing at the window.  Initially I suggested to work on counting.  This worked for "1 car, 2, car, 3 cars."  They then started jumping up and down screaming 'car, car, car" like it was the greatest thing since sliced cheese they had ever seen.  This went on for 20 minutes.

 I am not sure when in life we decide that those simple things can not bring us pleasure.  But I think there is something to be said about taking pleasure in small things.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NKJV)  In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment