Friday, April 23, 2010

A promise for the future

When I see a rainbow I think of God's promise in Genesis 9:13 "I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth."

I was driving home from work today and in front of me was a gray sky. Upon second look, the clouds parted and a rainbow came from the midst, and the sun peaked through the blue clouds. It was beautiful. I turned the corner, and the sky was black before me, clearly a storm ahead. It started to sprinkle. To the right the sky was bright and blue, the storm was already past that area. To the left the clouds were moving and the rainbow was brightening in color.

I have been in an emotional storm so to speak. It has been hard for me to see with the dark clouds around me. I feel overwhelmed and flooded by the emotions rising up within me. But the rainbow reminded me of God's promises to me, promises like:

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus". (Phil. 4:19).

God has promised that His grace is sufficient for me. (II Cor. 12:9).

God has promised that His children will not be overtaken with temptation. Instead, He assures us that a way of escape will be provided. (I Cor. 10:13).

God has promised that all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully (Romans 8:28).

I was encouraged in my spirit. I was reminded that no matter what storm I may be going through, or may be lying ahead, I need to keep my focus on the promises of God, and what he has already delivered me from.

No comments:

Post a Comment