Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Go



Acts 9:13-16 “But Lord,” exclaimed Ananias, “I’ve heard many people talk about the terrible things this man has done to the believers in Jerusalem!  And he is authorized by the leading priests to arrest everyone who calls upon your name.”  But the Lord said, “Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel.”


These scriptures leaped from my screen as I read them.   I often feel so unqualified for the things that God has allowed me to be part of, and for the vision that He has placed within me.  He shows me things, I submit, and then I start being like Ananias repeating back to God every bad thing that has been said about me, ever bad thing that has been done to me, and every bad thing I have done.  I remind Him of my failures and my flawsI remind him of my worldly qualifications, and lack there of when it comes to doing the dreams He has placed inside of me

But then His words back to me are "Go, for you are my chosen instrument to take my message."

It is so easy to forget, when your raised to be independent, that it is not in and of myself that I can do anything.  It is in true humble obedience that God is able to work in and through me.  It is because I see His hand print on my past, that I know there was purpose to everything He has taken me through.  That every trial I have overcome, was because of Him and because of the purpose he has designed me for on earth. 


Despite not being asked, He sends me.  Despite not feeling qualified, He chose me.  Despite not feeling at all good enough, He says Go, you are Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment